While it’s hard to believe, 2015 is almost in the rear view mirror. As the end of the 4rd quarter quickly approaches, this is a perfect time to think about a topic that is often overlooked – Your Medical Record Retrieval process.
So here are 10 great record retrieval ideas as we move into the end of the year that you can use to improve client satisfaction and lower costs:
- Status – Regardless of when the matter began that caused you to request records, now is the time to check on its status and decide what to do about those that are not up to date.
- Assignments – Inventory who you have working on chasing record retrieval that could be doing billable work. How many billable hours are lost due to paralegals doing work that could be outsourced to a record retrieval specialist?
- Client Satisfaction – Clients strongly dislike charges for professional resources doing what they perceive as mundane tasks. Improve your client satisfaction by passing hard costs for records copying and retrieval by hiring a low-cost, high value record retrieval firm and minimize invoice challenges by clients.
- Access – In today’s connected world, having your records available to you anywhere you have a smart mobile device and a broadband network should be a requirement. If you or your staff are still going into the office in order to work on client records, you’re needlessly spending time, money and effort.
- Security – it’s not enough to have a cloud connected database. It is however imperative that you know where that cloud server is housed, that you have confidence it is within the United States, and access is strictly controlled using the latest encryption.
- Costs – If you are outsourcing your records retrieval, when was the last time you checked on the rates being charged compared to competition? While a firm who identifies itself as a low-cost provider is perfectly acceptable, it makes sense to ensure that your fees are not “creeping” up as time goes by. Find out for sure that you’re getting the best deal for your firm and clients.
- Performance – Every legal practice knows the value of time. So when it comes to collecting, and responding to medical records requests, you need to depend on consistent performance from your record retrieval specialist. Now is a good time to check on that performance.
- Testimonials – We’ve all received a service review where a question asks “Would you recommend this company to someone else?” Testimonials from fellow practitioners are a perfect way to see what others think of your chosen partner.
- Web Site – If you are using an outsourced provider for records retrieval, their website should be easy to use, provide topical information, and secure login. If not, look elsewhere.
- Professionalism – While last on the list, this is the single most important item to dig into. You should expect nothing less than excellence in professionalism from your record retrieval specialist. They should be well-known by the healthcare providers they need to copy or gather information from, and your staff should consider them a virtual extension of your in house team.
RRS is delighted to provide the above list, and stands ready to assist you in delivering a service you can depend on, easy, secure access, and a reasonable cost for both you and your clients. Please call us today at 866-211-7866 for a no-cost review of your current record retrieval practices, and learn how RRS delivers with just 1 click at www.recordrs.com .